Administered on a secure platform using proven exam delivery technology, the online exam is exactly the same as the version administered at a test center: the same quality, the same questions, and there’s even a live proctor.
The only difference? You can take it in your pajamas.
With 24/7 testing options to accommodate your schedule, you can take the exam day or night. All you need is a:
- computer with a webcam
- reliable internet connection
- quiet space where you can spend a few uninterrupted hours
There’s nothing standing between you and the PMP. You’ve put in the work. Now see it pay off.
A.Before you can schedule your exam PMI will send you an electronic notification requesting payment. Login to your PMI.org account and follow the steps to submit payment. Following payment there will be prompts to schedule your OP exam through Pearson VUE.
A.Online Proctored exams are able to be scheduled online 24/7, and exam appointments are offered every day of the week.
A.To start your exam, login to PMI.org account and navigate to “Review Application Status” under myPMI. Click “Begin Exam” and you will be redirected to the Pearson VUE site. The exam you scheduled will appear under “Open Online Exams (IBT).” Select the exam link, and then select “Begin exam.” The “Begin exam” link will be available 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time.
- Have your acceptable identification available so that your identity can be verified.
- Shut down any non‐essential applications such as email, chat, Facebook or Skype.
- You will be placed into a queue and will contact with the next available Proctor.
- The check-in process takes approximately 15 minutes for candidates who have previously completed a system test.
A.You are required to present a current, government-issued form of ID. The name on your ID must match the name in your CAPM application.
Acceptable forms of identification include: Driver’s license, military ID, identification card (national/state/province identity card), alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa), and government-issued local language ID (not in Roman characters) – accepted only if issued from the country in which the candidate is testing.
A.During the check-in, the Proctor will ask to see your environment to ensure you have a clean desktop and you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, post-it notes, papers, pens, pencils or other writing instruments/objects. To complete the required work-area scan, the Proctor will ask you to take a step back and use your webcam to slowly scan your work area including walls, floor space and the desktop. Additional monitors must be unplugged and computers must be turned off. Items on the wall such as wall art, posters and whiteboards will be inspected. If you are unable to complete a room scan, you are not permitted to proceed further or to take the exam.
Note: If you have an integrated webcam, please have a reflective device (preferably a handheld mirror) available to complete the work area scan.
- During the exam, you may not access the following types of personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or bluetooth), handheld computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (or other head coverings), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved.
- If you are wearing long sleeves, you are asked to roll up your sleeves to show that there is no writing on your arms.
- Watches must be removed and placed out of sight/reach during the exam.
- If you are wearing a tie, you are asked to lift the tie to show the Proctor that nothing is hidden under the tie.
- If you have long hair that covers your ears, you are asked to pull your hair back to show the Proctor that there is nothing attached to your ear.
A.Breaks are not allowed during the exam for any reason and leaving your desk will invalidate your score. Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited during the exam.
For PMI-ACP and CAPM exams, breaks are not allowed during the exam for any reason and leaving your desk will invalidate your score.
For PMP exams there is a built-in 10-minute break. Please note, once your 10-minute break is over, you will not be able to return to the questions from the first section of the exam. Once your 10-minute break is over, your proctor will check you back in and you will finish the second and final part of your exam. If you do not return to the room at the conclusion of your 10-minute break, your exam session will be terminated.
- You may not receive any assistance from other individuals while taking the exam and you may not allow the computer screen which presents the exam questions to be seen by other individuals.
- During the exam session you are not allowed to use exam-specific materials and are not permitted to use scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, or any other physical writing objects such as a pen, marker, or pencil.
- You will have the option to use the inbuilt Online Proctored Whiteboard feature while taking the exam online. Read more about this feature.
- If a third party enters the room during the testing process, your exam will be terminated.
- The proctor cannot answer questions related to exam content.
- Once you begin testing, you will not be able to leave the room or move out of the view of the Proctor once the exam begins.
- By taking this exam, you acknowledge that the Proctor will continuously monitor you by video and audio while you take your exam, and you acknowledge and consent to audio and video recording of your face, voice, the physical room where you are seated, and the location during exam delivery. You recognize that you have no right to privacy at your current location during exam delivery and that you waive any and all claims asserting a right to privacy. If you do not wish to be recorded (either by video or audio), please notify the proctor immediately of your intent not to proceed with the exam.
- If you do not follow the Online Proctored Policies or are suspected of cheating or tampering with Pearson VUE’s or its subcontractor’s software, or if a third party is detected in the physical room where you are seated during the exam, the exam is immediately terminated and this is reported to Pearson VUE and PMI – Project Management Institute, along with audio and/or video evidence of the infraction. Your exam may be invalidated, and PMI – Project Management Institute may take other action, such as revoking your existing certification and precluding all future participation in the PMI certification program.